Favourite superglue?

For your Wargames Wittering
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: Favourite superglue?

Post by FreddBloggs »

Well not since that incident with the superglue, the Leopard and the vegetable peeler.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Purple wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:07 pm Favourite? I find it’s best not to get attached ........
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :moredrink:
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Certainly not UHU superglue. It sticks well and has a nice gel consistency, but the bloody stuff never fails to stick its own lid on after only one or two uses.

:hair:
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Don't use it. Last bottle of gel I bought was all dry so waste of a fiver. Only ever use 2 part epoxy resin (Gorilla) Its sometimes on offer in tescos so I pick up a couple of tubes every now and then.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Paul wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:09 pm Gorilla gel superglue.
<snip>
Much cheaper per ml than loctite but does have a shelf life so you may not use a whole bottle before it goes solid!
I'm actually sitting here looking at two barely-used bottles of the stuff that have dried to a perfect concrete consistency. I've always found Gorilla glues frothy (man!) - anyone else notice that?

Mind you, one was loaned to The Baroness, who is the veritable kiss of death to tubes of my glue, regardless of type (including a couple of Loctites - which aren't cheap!!!). I now hide them and feign helplessness whenever she asks.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Thanks for all the answers, chaps. I find myself both much better informed, and yet also none the wiser......

@ TimW - yes, I'm trying a two-part epoxy at the moment (Araldite); just hoping I can get to use enough of it before it dries up completely to make the extra expense worth it!!!
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Zap - comes in thin (ie runny), medium (Less runny) and thick (gel) versions, along with a number of other products. They also make a debonder in case Purple does get too attached to the glue...
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Disappointingly only 16 entirely different answers to this question. Wargaming discussion isn't what it was

Personally i recommend soldering
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

I know, I know. Very disappointing, but it was a bank holiday week.
goat major wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:32 pm Personally i recommend soldering
Or be generous with the spray varnish and hope the tackiness of both surfaces does the job instead.....
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Wed May 31, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Poundshop bottles