Ayton November 2023

For Loose Games & Shows.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton November 2023

Post by Paul »

Essex Boy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:09 pm I'll make enquiries with the hotel but, while we've had two splendid days gaming in the Lodge's restaurant, the restricted access due to breakfast and dinner sittings does rather limit things.

Watch this space.

Iain
if numbers are low could the lounge bar not work?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 am
Essex Boy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:09 pm I'll make enquiries with the hotel but, while we've had two splendid days gaming in the Lodge's restaurant, the restricted access due to breakfast and dinner sittings does rather limit things.

Watch this space.

Iain
if numbers are low could the lounge bar not work?
Hello Paul,

An excellent question.

When I first approached the hotel we discussed three potential areas. A) the part of the restaurant which can be closed off (and where we eventually set up), B) the conservatory, and C) the lounge area (with the big TV) on the right as you enter the hotel - I think this is what you mean by the lounge bar. All other areas are in constant use.......or they'd like them to be in an ideal world.

I doubt we'd get the conservatory because it gives access to the garden from the bar, but I think it would suit us. I don't know for sure about light levels. It should be quite good in daylight hours I imagine.

My least favoured option was C) because the lighting was poor. I had another look at it in May and it was dull even then, so In November the lighting would be worse than the Crown's (at Framlingham) function room. It is also an awkward shape and may not accommodate more than one game. And, if that's not enough, I suspect the room provides a rat run for House Keeping and other staff.

But, C) would at least provide another string to our bow, so I shall enquire about having both rooms.......while insisting that A) or B) would be essential.

E
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Access to garden less an issue in November? Could we section off half the conservatory space?
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Good points all. I guess it's been asked if they have other areas not usually opened up for use?

Yes i'd forgotten that the lounge was used as a rat run for staff :(

Andy's point about the conservatory is a good one, maybe the offer of a little cash for rental of the area might focus their minds on it's availability?
Last edited by Paul on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:47 am Good points all. I guess it's been asked if they have other areas not usually opened up for use?

Yes i'd forgotten that the lounge was used as a rat run for staff :(

Andy's point about the conservatory is a good one, maybe the offer of a little cash for rental might of the area might focus their minds on it's availability?
I think you, me and Andy are on the same page. So, yes to what you both said. I'll try to contact the hotel later (that's not always as simple as it sounds).

E
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

If the page we're on is one of your QRSs then we should have plenty of room for manoeuvre....
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Count Belisarius wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:58 am If the page we're on is one of your QRSs then we should have plenty of room for manoeuvre....
What would you know about manoeuvring?
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

As long as it's from flank to other flank...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Peeler wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:27 pm I've lost the plot on what numbers are & might be coming this November ....
Could you just post up with a ...

Definitely coming ..

Might be coming ..

Definitely not coming ..

Please 😁
Just bringing Peeler's note back to the front....
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Count Belisarius wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:58 am If the page we're on is one of your QRSs then we should have plenty of room for manoeuvre....
Yes, but will a mere five months be enough time.....?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.