Framlingham 11-13th October 2019.

For Loose Games & Shows.
garyp
PurpleBot

Re: Framlingham 11-13th October 2019.

Post by garyp »

An interesting day today. I started with 5 regiments of infantry, 3 of cavalry and a unit of skirmishers, plus a gun. EB insisted I support his flank, so I called off an infantry regiment and the skirmishers, preparing to assault Buff with 4 of Britain's finest, supported by a light cavalry brigade. At this point I realised Buff had still to finish deploying and I had 7 infantry regiments, defending barricades, to attack. Needless to say that didn't go well. Cavalry against infantry in cover, in terrain said donkey-wallopers can't even enter, didn't go well either. After 1 hour I had no cavalry, after 2 hours I had 3 infantry units assaulting the French defenses, after 3 hours and 10 minutes I had 6 men in the assault force left. 10 minutes later Buff's reserves marched into table. It went downhill from there. The Russian guards drove the Coldsteamers from their last defense in a building and at that point the game was up. Buff was gracious in victory. Apart from lining up the entire Russian Guard regiment at point blank range and pouring a volley into the one remaining Coldstreamer holding the colours. At that point I surrendered. And it was bloody good fun!
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

Just to add, many thanks to Tim for organising, for everyone for letting me play with and against their wonderful toys and to all for a really fun weekend. Now I need to order those rules. . . . .
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

It was a great weekend. EB deserves real credit for his rather lovely self sculpted figures and the multi award winning painter GM gets the OTT award for painting the correct style belt buckle on his Rifles.
Last roll of the dice went to Tim. He spilt the contents of his dice bucket across the car park as we packed up. Some went under a parked lorry but I got them later. Not content with this he tipped them down the stairs when he got home.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Bit derivative, innit?
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Photos or it didn’t happen
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Unfortunately a problem with my phone meant that I lost most of my photos. Here’s what I rescued. Hope the others have a few more. Also a link to a video from the start of day 1

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlNVP-ofEv92rNRdXh4ztVFWZHQUHg

Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Splendid piccies, Mr Goat.

An excellent weekend. Thank you to Buff for an excellent game on Saturday and to Tim for the same on Sunday. And all round for the marvellous company. And, of course, to Tim for chucking the event together so well.

Iain
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Yes once again great fun and good company . Thanks Tim for organising so well and for your excellent hospitality
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Yep, an altogether excellent weekend.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Thanks chaps. It all went very well, and two hard fought battles. Despite missing absent friends we got lucky with a new friend in John who is clearly a chap of like mind to us all. Paul will be pleased to know that John's Danish army upheld the ferocious and victorious reputation of Scandywegia.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.