Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by valleyboy »

Nicely done LT
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Thank you chaps
Neanderthal wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:46 pm By the way how are the Florentines going?
Still progressing, almost finished the foot, just not got them in front of the camera :(
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Those are indeed nicely done.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Corrrf! That's a bit of orrrite that is!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

levied troop wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm Image
Not sure who's figure that is - all suggestions welcome!
Surely it's Lord Flasheart?
levied troop wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm Image
Technically, these are Capetians, but I need some opposition/allies for John Softsword. Crusader feudals painted while I await the Baron's war kickstarter :)
The bloke in the middle looks like the fat one - by which I mean the taller fat one, of course - off The Hairy Bikers.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

12 Greek Javelin men now done!
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Got my velites undercoated. Ready for some paint now, Aventines all the way now. I'm hoping to pick up sack fulls of them soon. The Newline are OK in some poses but others are a bit meh and few poses. In fact I've actually lost them, hope they turn up under the bed?
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

If I was buying new, I would use others, but I have these, soooooo.
battleeditor
First Base

Post by battleeditor »

Folks, don't fall off your chairs but yes, it's me. Really, I'm not dead or otherwise incapacitated, just a slightly irritating touch of cancer, but still of sound mind, if not body.

This brief visit is simply to delve behind the Kanban, as it were, and find out who amongst those of you painting up armies would be seriously interested in getting involved in a long-term Hyboria-style campaign alongside Goat Major, Jeremy, Count Belisarius and myself, using the WAB 1.5 battle rules. I'm in the process of starting to draw up the map and so would be happy to allocate zones for those of you who think you might be in a position to field armies of around 1,500+ WAB points in the next 6 months or so. I can always add more of you later on, but I need to fix the first few to make a start.

All I need for the moment is your name, the 'style' of army you intend to field (i.e. Roman-ish, Barbarian-ish, Greek-ish, beccause it's all imagi-nations) and the name of your imagi-nation (or have me make one up for you). The intention is for this to run for years, with a light-hearted approach, plenty of background nonsense, skulduggery and scurrilous politics and a commitment to real, fun campaigning amongst the participants. It is also likely to feature in forthcoming publications, podcasts and so on, so cheeky and humorous stuff is encouraged, brilliant punning and foreign language use will be praised and given bonuses, whilst utter filth and lewdness will be brutally censored and all morale rolls for that force penalised. Yes, you know who you are...

Up for it? Drop me a DM or email henry at henryhyde dot co dot uk . The first four of us are already conversing via Twitter too, so if you're on there, let us know.