Ayton Travel Plans

For Loose Games & Shows.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton Travel Plans

Post by Buff Orpington »

Jeremy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:22 pm Sorry to hear that VB. It is the sensible decision though
And when did we ever do that?
4 weeks time and the airlines will be so desperate that we can probably get a deal for all of us to go to NZ for the weekend.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Paul wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm Sorry to hear that VB it's been a few years since you made one :(
To be honest there must be a few of us who will either have the virus or know/livewith/are someone in a 'vulnerable group :( So, I hope it won't be the case, but it wouldn't surprise me to see numbers down a bit because of the panic.
After today's Press Conference, which I have to say, surprised me with the degree of candour and apparent sincerity from the PM, and the apparent credibility of the Chief Quack and the Head Alchemist, I would be very surprised if we go ahead with Ayton this year at all. There is already a mix of health issues amongst our happy band, plus most of us are of the age, or on the cusp of that age, of the more vulnerable, and young Mr Waudby and his dear lady are expecting their firstborn, and no body wants to jeopardise that do they? Whilst not wanting to be a panicky old lady, I think we are now into the terrirtory of taking this thing seriously. I don't expect Salute etc go ahead this year, and I know all my holiday plans, Spain, Belgium and Italy (would you f***ing believe it) are pretty much in the crapper right now. It is beginning to look like a year that will be cancelled due to ill health. I do love a Post Apocalyptic TV/Movie drama, but I'm buggered if I want to live one for real.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

You'll be sadly missed, Bro.

Iain

Ps even if Ayton doesn't go ahead.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

At least we have a fall back meeting later in the year when hopefully everything has blown over.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

BBC are saying it’s going to be like this for the next three or four months
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Timing is going to be vital. If we can all hold on until Ayton before anyone coughs and says that they feel a bit rough we can have two weeks of uninterrupted gaming.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Apparently the peak of the virus will be in 8-10 weeks, so the prognosis is not favorable. I have a concert, two Lardy days and possible house move within this period. I wonder how many will actually occur?
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I am amazed at all this. They are talking 18 months for a vaccine, so we are all going to get it eventually. You northerners are better off waiting till what passes for summer in your fair green land. Here is Aus, I think sharing bodily fluids as much as possible before winter sets in, is the go.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

It’s insane Grizz. I took these in my Tesco last night when I was trying to buy something for dinner. No pasta, flour, tinned goods or mince. Quite a serious run on the cereals too

Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Blimey! You're prices oop narth are much cheaper than down here.

I haven't witnessed any panic buying here. Perhaps it's a northern thing?